We will be doing a second run of Intentional Disciplemaking Training (IDMT 1) with the theme “Building A Culture of Biblical Disciplemaking”. This important training is in line with Living Word’s core values: Mighty in Prayer, Mighty in the Word and Intentional in Disciplemaking.
This will be happening this coming February 25, 2020, Tuesday (Non-Working Holiday), from 9AM to 5PM at the Living Word Convention Hall, Banawa Hills, Cebu City.
Please see below the details of the training. It is quite thorough so kindly read carefully:
Who can attend?
Pastors, Elders, Core Group Members, Small Group Leaders & Assistants, and potential Small Group Members of Living Word outreaches
Members of Living Word Main’s English and Cebuano Services: Since this is a repetition of last year’s IDMT, the Elders/ Ministry Heads/ Small Group Leaders who attended last year may opt not to attend anymore
Registration Fee: P200 only (inclusive of materials, packed lunch & snacks)
*Living Word Pastors do not need to pay the registration fee
- To equip the Living Word members on how to become effective in biblical disciplemaking. How can we mentor our disciples effectively? How do we turn our members into disciplemakers? Into “fishers of men”? Into spiritual father/mother – spiritual parent?
- To have the same passion, vision and direction in disciplemaking––display New Testament Christianity in the 21st century. We need to carry out a plan, purpose, direction for mentors, disciples. We want to produce passionate followers of Christ who are not pews/bench warmers and sermon/conference note takers.
- To achieve spiritual multiplication. We need to train our disciplers to pass on their passion and vision to their ‘Timothys’ who will eventually become ‘disciplemakers/mentors’. More than the numerical growth we are after the quality of life in our disciples and effectiveness of leadership/disciplemaking.
- To prepare the next generation. The power of succession and continuity of a wise man’s labor is through the raising of daughters/sons in the faith. We need to have a sense of urgency. We are not here to generate excitement but urgency.
Some questions that will be answered during the training are the following:
– How important is it to submit to your pastor/leader as your mentor?
– What is the goal of discipleship?
– What are some of the benefits of being part of a small group?
REGISTRATION FOR IDMT 1 IS NOW OPEN!
To register, please visit our IBI Office every Tuesday or Thursday, 9am-5pm. You may register individually or as a group. Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable but transferable. DEADLINE of IDMT REGISTRATION IS ON FEB. 4, 2020.
Please do not hesitate to contact Sis. Karen Engracia (0942-813-1118) for more details and information on IDMT 1.